Well, I'm not a professional, by any means. I'm just someone who likes taking pictures, yeah? Before about 18DEC10, I was using my cell-phone to take pictures (3.1 mp). It did a pretty good job; however, for Christmas, I received a Kodak Easy Share which has 12 mp and take much nicer pictures. I'm saving this year, so that next Christmas I can buy myself a much better camera! :) I hope you enjoy my photos.

03 March 2012

02MAR12-Buna, Texas; Iowa, Louisiana; Lake Charles, Louisiana






I had three audits in Louisiana yesterday.  All day long, I kept seeing things which needed to be recorded, so I stopped quite often--sometimes even turning around and going back to a location--and took plenty of photographs.  These ones are the only ones which survived the deleting process!



There was something very compelling about this mix of old (the car), new (the trailer), and nature (the trees).  



This photo and the one which follows were taken in the tiny town of Iowa, Louisiana.  Should I be embarrassed to admit that as I was taking this photo I was singing "You ought to give Iowa a try--provided you are contrary!"  Remember that the opening scene was on a train, yeah?





This building really appealed to me cos it gave me the impression of some flower shop on a downtown street in Boston or New York or somewhere similar.   I could just imagine the owner knew everyone in the neighborhood and greeted each customer by name as they walked into the store to purchase some flowers.   I think it is a restaurant in reality.

















I've always been drawn to weather and symmetry--even if the symmetry is somewhat 'off.'  In regard to weather, I like it best when it is not just sunny with not clouds.  It is more interesting if it has some contrast to it.   These seven trees--against a backdrop of a cloudy, cold, windy sky--really drew me.



The pine cones and their flowers were so purty to me.


I loved that barely seen really dark pink in the background.  I see now I should have centered the two light poles better, but my camera wasn't wanting to take photos even on the night setting!  The next one was taken in the same parking lot.  But, I must have moved cos it sure did get to looking like those little kid firecracker thingies which were available when we were kids.  Mom and Daddy would light them and the four of us would run around swirling and twirling them in the air and they would make lights like these ones!






The ducks were sitting together nicely when I walked behind them on the sidewalk.  I think I scared them; however, cos they arose and started waddling in the direction opposite from where I was standing.  I thought it made such a great little picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment