Well, I'm not a professional, by any means. I'm just someone who likes taking pictures, yeah? Before about 18DEC10, I was using my cell-phone to take pictures (3.1 mp). It did a pretty good job; however, for Christmas, I received a Kodak Easy Share which has 12 mp and take much nicer pictures. I'm saving this year, so that next Christmas I can buy myself a much better camera! :) I hope you enjoy my photos.

20 November 2011

Experiment # 1-Megapixels

I'm trying to learn a few things about photography. Thanks to my nephew, Sam, I discovered some of the little details of my Kodak Easy Share. For example, I can take pictures which are 1 MP, 2 MP, 3 MP, 6 .MP, 9 MP, 11 MP, and 12 MP. I decided to do an experiment. I took a photograph of the same item, in all 7 varying sizes and will post them so that I--and you, if it interests you--can see what the difference is between each size. One thing I discovered is that each size can be different in regard to its 'shape.' For example, 2 MP and 9 Mp hold a 16 X 9 (I think?) shape and the rest hold some slight variation of a 4 X 3 shape. Those two more rectangular shaped photos have the bottom of the flower wreath cut off whereas the other photos seem to have been taken from further back. The fact is that the camera was held in exactly the same position for each photo. Clearly, I have no clue as to WHY these changes occur, but they sure are interesting. The next order of business is just to look at the photos and see if we can tell a difference in quality of the photos in reference to their size. If you have any comments or bits of wisdom, don't hesitate to pass 'em along, y'all!

12 MP
















11 MP
















9 mp























6 MP

























3 MP

















2 MP

















1 MP

1 comment:

  1. It may be my imagination, but it seems the flowers are brighter or have more clear detail and the bricks have more definition in some pictures than others. Like 2&3 are better than 1 and from 6 up each one is a bit better. Just what I see on my screen.

    ReplyDelete