Well, I'm not a professional, by any means. I'm just someone who likes taking pictures, yeah? Before about 18DEC10, I was using my cell-phone to take pictures (3.1 mp). It did a pretty good job; however, for Christmas, I received a Kodak Easy Share which has 12 mp and take much nicer pictures. I'm saving this year, so that next Christmas I can buy myself a much better camera! :) I hope you enjoy my photos.

21 January 2011

Galveston Morning





I took a mini-trip to Galveston last week-end, as many of y'all know. It was wonderful in many ways. One was the 40-minute walk I took on the beach Saturday morning.

I took it mostly cos some ridiculous company TEXTED me an advertisement telling me that something they sell--which I don't even use--was on sale that day. I received the text at 7:03 a.m. on a Saturday on my day off. What? Who makes what is--in essence--a telemarketing call at 7:00 a.m. on a Saturday? NOT COOL!!
I am now going to digress for a few keystrokes to give a lecture ala Paul and Candy Ford. I don't care if it is a telephone call or a text. If it isn't an emergency, you DO NOT CALL before 9:00 a.m. or after 9:00 p.m. The exceptions to this rule is if you are best friends or family members and you have a previously-made appointment which allows it. No calling and no texting (cos--you know--a text make sounds when it comes to your phone, thereby alerting--or awakening--people of its arrival. It is DEFINITELY against the rules for any company wanting money to call before or after these times. Totally UNCOOL!! O.K. back to the regularly scheduled program. Be glad I didn't decide to give the lecture on identifying yourself properly when calling! Or on requesting a phone conference with a member of the household properly. This might have gone on a bit longer! ;-P (I'm kidding, I agree with P & C Ford COMPLETELY on this issue.)

So, the unknown company texted me and I was unable to go back to sleep. I decided to get dressed, grab my camera, and go for as long a walk as I could on the beach. The walk ended up being only 40 minutes cos I had an appointment at 10:30, but it was lovely. I took several videos, too, but somehow I must have accidentally erased them when they got to my computer cos they are gone. :( But I did manage to save the pictures.

The first picture is the first one I saw when I walked out of the hotel Saturday morning. Beautiful, yeah? The second one is exactly what it looks like: a candle. I had actually already passed another candle exactly the same as this one before I saw the one pictured. I thought it was really interesting that a pair of candles had washed ashore around the same place. I'm supposing that someone had recently had a romantic beach dinner and this debris was its product. I thought it was kinda cool.

The third photo is one taken of my hotel from the beach. Not very exciting, but my creative brain thought it needed to be done at the time. And the last one was one I took about 8:00 a.m. Isn't it amazing how bright and tall in the sky the sun was at that time? Beautiful sight!

No comments:

Post a Comment