Well, I'm not a professional, by any means. I'm just someone who likes taking pictures, yeah? Before about 18DEC10, I was using my cell-phone to take pictures (3.1 mp). It did a pretty good job; however, for Christmas, I received a Kodak Easy Share which has 12 mp and take much nicer pictures. I'm saving this year, so that next Christmas I can buy myself a much better camera! :) I hope you enjoy my photos.

11 August 2011

30JUL11



The day these photos were taken was important for several reasons.
1) It was Neville Longbottom's birthday! If he were flesh and blood--as he seems to me--instead of a literary character, he'd have been 31 years old! Wow! I think I read somewhere that JKR said he married Hannah Abbott. I think they would have been a really cute couple! I can imagine him having a cozy little house with a garden in the back and he and Hannah raising two girls. I don't know what he would have named 'em, but I'd like to think he would have named them after two women he really admired--Ginny and Luna.
An interesting aside: I wanted to make sure I had his age right, so I googled him. I put "Neville's birthday" in the search engine. I want you to note that I didn't put his last name or any reference to Harry Potter into the search bar--only the words "Neville's birthday." The very first response to my query regarded the literary character! In fact, of the eight non-advertising responses on the first page, six of them referenced the snake-killer! I find that amazing.
2) It was the day I paid my last bill to a credit card company. Now, I am less debt-ful! I think I've paid off three or four of my five credit cards. YAY!
3) I had my second counseling session with a local Gospel preacher. I feel like as if we're taking care of business during these sessions. It may be slow-going, but as long as I'm healing and dealing and growing and getting better and loving God and myself and everyone else more, then I'll be glad to take however long it takes. It is nice to see a light at the end of the dark tunnel, yeah?
These photos were taken when Tony, Mary and I went to eat lunch at Novroski's in Vidor. I had a lovely time!

No comments:

Post a Comment