Well, I'm not a professional, by any means. I'm just someone who likes taking pictures, yeah? Before about 18DEC10, I was using my cell-phone to take pictures (3.1 mp). It did a pretty good job; however, for Christmas, I received a Kodak Easy Share which has 12 mp and take much nicer pictures. I'm saving this year, so that next Christmas I can buy myself a much better camera! :) I hope you enjoy my photos.

19 August 2011

18AUG11-One Year of Photos



Today (18AUG11) marks the one year anniversary of the commencement of my photo blog. My intention was to take and post at least one photo a day. I've fallen down on the job a bit, but I don't think I will beat myself up over it, yeah? I mean--I kept trying even if there were times when I didn't post for as much as a month at a time. There are times when you just don't feel like it, yeah? Additionally, the winter is a time wherein Pop and I don't really get out of the house much. And--if you think about it--there is only so much you can photograph inside the house!
When I first began this blog, I was taking pictures with my camera phone. What surprised me was the really decent quality of the camera phone photographs. It really picked up quite a bit of detail! I had fun taking pictures with my camera phone. It allowed for freer hands since I didn't have to carry a phone AND a camera, but I really do enjoy the easy share camera I received from Pop and Marilyn for Christmas. She said that she knew I wanted to get a really good camera sometime but that this one could be an 'interim' camera--you know, a little better than a camera phone. And it is! The photographs are even better quality and I can even record videos on it! I also received--for Christmas--a 'Digital Camera for Dummies' type of book. I try to read a little of it every day so that I"m continuing to learn about digital cameras and how to use them, so that when I've actually saved up enough money to buy a decent DSLR, I'll actually have a clue as to how to use it.

Today photos were taken when Pop and I were out on the front porch enjoying the fading day. I decided to use the time to practice my guitar cos there are too many distracting things inside the house! So, I took a photo of my guitar leaning on the bench where I and my lesson notes and pick were sitting. It was really a great practice session! I even picked out a little song! While were were out there, we heard thunder rolling and it kind of inspired me and I wrote a song tentatively entitled "Rainstorm." I have tons of 'cleaning it up" to do, but I'm very proud of myself. I'll prolly need to run it by my guitar coach to see if he has suggestions of how to do so.
Also, Pop and I stayed out there practicing and enjoying the evening air (near 100--sigh) until the sun was just disappearing. It was a really great day.
And--if you happen to want to see what the very first blog was all about, you can see it here.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on a year, Loralee! Sorry I haven't kept up, but I have to say I haven't kept up with anyone, this year. I def. agree that there are some days when the creative mood just isn't there and there is no need to push it. Hobbies should be fun! I also just read that you got a canon rebel...that ought to keep you busy for a while!

    Enjoy the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you'll enjoy this milestone Holiday Season as well! Congratualations! I'll get your gift in the mail ASAP, possibly tomorrow!

    Thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete