Well, I'm not a professional, by any means. I'm just someone who likes taking pictures, yeah? Before about 18DEC10, I was using my cell-phone to take pictures (3.1 mp). It did a pretty good job; however, for Christmas, I received a Kodak Easy Share which has 12 mp and take much nicer pictures. I'm saving this year, so that next Christmas I can buy myself a much better camera! :) I hope you enjoy my photos.

04 December 2011

04DEC11



Today is just gorgeous.  It rained like crazy the first half of the day and--now--the rain is gone except for a few sprinkles here and there.  What is left, however, is these lovely dark clouds which will probably bring us some more rain--we really still need a ton.
I happen to really love cloudy, cool days.  In the Autumn especially, they make for such a lovely view.  I couldn't help heading outside late this afternoon to take several shots of the landscape around our house.  I know that the first photograph is the same focus as the two I took and posted earlier today, but the look of this photo versus the other two is completely different.  
For whatever reason, the monochromatic grays in storm clouds against the colors of Autumn leaves (or really even the regular old green of Spring and Summer) just looks like the most gorgeous picture that ever could be.   I can't help wanting to photograph this kind of beauty.   

This one was effort on my part of accomplish a certain kind of look.  I think, perhaps, I failed.  I liked the vertical lines of the porch and tried to "frame" that little orange tree with the columns and make the space between the columns equi-distant.   That wasn't really possible if I wanted the whole tree to be between any of the columns.  I wanted to add the porch swing which Pop's grandson made for him, but I'm not sure the photograph is balanced.  Any thoughts?

This would have been great if I had noticed that white truck was there and waited a few seconds! All those different colors make me so happy.  Check out those grays against the greens?  Lovely, yeah?

No comments:

Post a Comment