Well, I'm not a professional, by any means. I'm just someone who likes taking pictures, yeah? Before about 18DEC10, I was using my cell-phone to take pictures (3.1 mp). It did a pretty good job; however, for Christmas, I received a Kodak Easy Share which has 12 mp and take much nicer pictures. I'm saving this year, so that next Christmas I can buy myself a much better camera! :) I hope you enjoy my photos.

11 December 2011

06DEC11

Tuesday, I stopped in at one of my new favorite restaurants--Humphries, in Dayton--and had a delicious cup of potato soup and eat a 1/2 roast beef (with jalapeno bread) sandwich with au jus.   Anyway, I had the whole restaurant to myself--the entire time!
After I enjoyed my delicious meal, I decided to try to take a few pictures here in the restaurant.  I was working the entire day and didn't get a chance to take a photo outside with my new camera.  Thankfully, the chef--on his way out to a break--agreed to be a part of this experiment.   I have seen really neat photographs taken in a reflective surface and wanted to try my hand at this type of photograph.  It doesn't seem like it turned out just right.  If you have any experience, give me some hints, please?


The photo below is my favorite of the day.   I like how--because of the flashing red open sign outside the window--this wall seems kinda Christmas-y.

Yes, I do have a little bit of a romantic heart. I've never really thought in detail about what time of year I'd like to get married; however, I do not I'd prefer it be cooler than, say the middle of summer. When I saw this arbor at the 'door' between Humphries and the neighboring gift store, I thought it looked so lovely. I had to take a photo! Then I thought it'd be a pretty cool way to decorate a 'wedding arbor', if you happen to be getting married during the Christmas season. I, personally, would get rid of the gold ornaments, though, and replace them with some other Christmas-y color, say metallic blue? I'm not a fan of gold, really. I might even get rid of the red and replace it with maroon. Anyway, I liked this arbor a ton. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment