Well, I'm not a professional, by any means. I'm just someone who likes taking pictures, yeah? Before about 18DEC10, I was using my cell-phone to take pictures (3.1 mp). It did a pretty good job; however, for Christmas, I received a Kodak Easy Share which has 12 mp and take much nicer pictures. I'm saving this year, so that next Christmas I can buy myself a much better camera! :) I hope you enjoy my photos.

26 August 2010

18AUG10-Pop on the porch

So, I am starting a different kind of blog. When my new phone--complete with camera--came in the mail, I realized how useful it would be. I could take pictures anywhere and everywhere and all over the place.
I realize that a cell phone camera isn't really the best camera around, but I decided I'd start another experiment. The experiment came from a blog Lisa Kennedy has wherein she posts a picture she takes every day. Therefore, I will be striving to take a picture a day on my cell phone camera. We'll see how it comes out.

And for day one: 18AUG10-Pop on the porch:

Pop and I spend part of every day outside. Often, we are on the car porch where this photo was taken. Pop was in his straw hat phase this day. Usually, he wears a cap, but today his focus was on the straw hat.

I thought the hat was perfect because it LOOKS like the era during which Pop was raising kids, and working on tractors and mowing lawns and planting gardens, etc.

Also, in case I didn't mention it: If there is a way that I could have taken a better picture, please let me know--NICELY, please. In other words, CONSTRUCTIVE criticism is welcome! :)

Hope y'all enjoy!

love,
LollyFab :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I like this picture. I always enjoy some lens flare!! In case you don't know already though, in a lighting situation like this one, if you want a way to make the subject less dark, move your camera around so that there isn't an extra bright area in the frame (in this case the sky). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Rachel! I need all the tips I can get. I would just assume that I don't know anything about photography when you're looking at my shots. I'm open to learning. :)

    ReplyDelete