Well, I'm not a professional, by any means. I'm just someone who likes taking pictures, yeah? Before about 18DEC10, I was using my cell-phone to take pictures (3.1 mp). It did a pretty good job; however, for Christmas, I received a Kodak Easy Share which has 12 mp and take much nicer pictures. I'm saving this year, so that next Christmas I can buy myself a much better camera! :) I hope you enjoy my photos.

27 August 2010

20AUG10

This is my aunt and my cousin. I took this picture prolly just before midnight on Friday. I'd just arrived to the house after a trip in the Super Shuttle from the airport. I think the van driver had a little crush on me, to be honest. He dropped me off last and when he took my reservation ticket, he immediately offered me "shotgun." The entire trip from the airport to Sherman Street was him entertaining me with "spoken word" poetry and jokes and stories. At one point, he even told me that I was within his "dating range." What an odd thing for a van driver to say! That being said, we actually had a ton in common. One exception is that he voted for President Obama. He is--what he calls--a "one issue" voter. Interesting. He wanted the troops out of the middle east, therefore--since President Obama promised he'd get them out (which he hasn't, by the way)--Mr. Van driver voted for him.
He also has--unknown to himself, I believe--a disdain for "written" poetry. He was clear in his opinion that "spoken word" poetry is on a higher plain than other writer's work. I just let it go. Art is art. It is hard to really compare one type of art against another type of art. It will always be like comparing apples to oranges.
As he got my bags out, he gave me his phone number--in case I got bored during the weekend. I'm sure if I'd had time, it would have been an interesting friendly outing (not date--in other words) I took it and thanked him, but I thought "Well, have you listened to anything I've said during the two hours I've been sitting in this van? I'm getting in at 11:00 p.m. on Friday and boarding a plane back to Texas at 11:10 a.m. on Sunday. And in between--I have a wedding to attend. I won't have time to get bored, I promise.
Anyway, I really enjoyed spending the small amounts of downtime with Uncle Doug and Aunt Edie and Cousin Johannah. They are a lovely family and made me feel very at home. Uncle Doug fixed us breakfast on Saturday a.m. In the late morning on Saturday, we even all sat--or laid--on the couches and watched a movie. I can't remember the last time I was able to do that in such away that I wasn't having to worry about something--like where Pop is or something like that. I really enjoyed it.
One thing that I loved about their home is that it is designed in a very eclectic way. It kind of reminds me of my mother, a bit. I was comfy there.
Well, I think I've talked long enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment