Well, I'm not a professional, by any means. I'm just someone who likes taking pictures, yeah? Before about 18DEC10, I was using my cell-phone to take pictures (3.1 mp). It did a pretty good job; however, for Christmas, I received a Kodak Easy Share which has 12 mp and take much nicer pictures. I'm saving this year, so that next Christmas I can buy myself a much better camera! :) I hope you enjoy my photos.

28 August 2010

28AUG10

Buna's Warriors Resting in Twilight

Beyond this fence, stones--which bear the names of men and women who have protected us throughout the years--sit and rest under the flags of our nation and our state. As a living "fellow" of the people represented in the names chiseled on those stones, I always feel such emotion in places like this one. I imagine I may be back with my camera to this special location.
Buna Forest

This spot caught my attention the other day when Pop and I were out driving around. I'm sure I can get a better shot of it during daylight hours or if I wandered into it a bit. The stone "gate" drew me to it, but I can't seem to get a picture which shows why quite yet.
Scarred But Still Standing

I love this photo! There is just something about our flag, yeah?
Jack Verses Giant

This is my favorite shot of the day. Number One: This house is unique in its design. It has always caught my attention when we pass it on our driving tours of Buna and her environs. Number Two: I'd never noticed the tall trees which live near the house. When I saw how much taller the trees are than the house, i was just awestruck! The majesty and awesomeness and--well, height--of the trees are just so majestically awesome, yeah? Anyway, this shot was just totally rockin' cool!!
Walking Accident!

I haven't yet REMEMBERED the lesson of keeping still for a few seconds after I take a shot. I supppose that it is a good thing in one respect. I'm taking some interesting shots. I prolly ought to just erase them--the accidental shots, that is--but they just look so interesting that I don't wanna erase them.
Moving Trees

Another one: this one is prolly right after I took Old Glory. There were several trees surrounding her.

1 comment:

  1. Don't erase this last one. :) Very impressionist. Very Monet! :)

    ReplyDelete