Well, I'm not a professional, by any means. I'm just someone who likes taking pictures, yeah? Before about 18DEC10, I was using my cell-phone to take pictures (3.1 mp). It did a pretty good job; however, for Christmas, I received a Kodak Easy Share which has 12 mp and take much nicer pictures. I'm saving this year, so that next Christmas I can buy myself a much better camera! :) I hope you enjoy my photos.

28 August 2010

Some extras: not the ones I chose each day

Pop on Porch

Last Wednesday, I finally got my new cell phone to working and was testing out the camera. I did find a glitch (it needed a memory card) or two, but Pop and I did have some fun taking pictures. I took this one of him sitting on the carport porch in his straw hat and sent it to his grand-daughter, Alison.
Lily-Live Long And Prosper

Moments later, I received a text message. It was not only my first email from my new phone, but also it was my first picture message. It was of Alison's daughter, Lily. She had told Lily to wave and sent the picture to us.
Return Wave

Pop and I took another picture of the two of us waving and we sent it to Alison, along with Megan and Marilyn. It was just kind of really cool that this phone let me have a conversation in pictures. I'm thinking I'm going to like this phone.
Trouble Shooting # 1

Pop and I have been taking a lot of pictures together lately. As it goes with Alzheimers, Pop had let sink in the picture taking that we'd been doing. It was time for bed, but Pop was certain that we had some "shooting" we had to do before we could relax for the night. When I read through the lines of all the things he was saying, I realized that he thought we need to get some pictures taken of the dogs before we went to bed. Therefore, I had a informal "photo shoot." I took this picture of Pop...
Trouble Shooting # 2

...and this one of Snow White and these small actions seemed to assuage his restlessness and he was off to bed.
Country Dog and House

This is one of the pictures taken after our DQ visit last Thursday. We were driving around and enjoying ourselves when we saw these few houses all clustered together on a dirt road--my brain wants to say County Road 685, but I could be wrong. This particular house and the wall next to it really caught my eyes, so I tried to capture its elemental, old-fashioned beauty.
Generations # 1-21AUG10

This is one of my favorite pictures of the wedding weekend. Before the wedding, Uncle Doug and I went to visit Granny. She's been having a lot of health issues lately and I didn't know what to expect. Thankfully, while I was there, she seemed chipper and with it mentally. The same Granny as always!
Framed Hibiscus

One of the shots of the Hibiscus. I loved the way the grass framed it.
I'm not ready for my close-up, Mr. De Mille!

Tipper being shy.
Lazy Day

Pop and Tipper snoozing.
Snow from Below

Snow from below. She was trying to snuggle and kept messing up the shot, but finally I got a keeper.

1 comment:

  1. You are the best person in the world to have a camera phone! I'm loving the photo blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete