Well, I'm not a professional, by any means. I'm just someone who likes taking pictures, yeah? Before about 18DEC10, I was using my cell-phone to take pictures (3.1 mp). It did a pretty good job; however, for Christmas, I received a Kodak Easy Share which has 12 mp and take much nicer pictures. I'm saving this year, so that next Christmas I can buy myself a much better camera! :) I hope you enjoy my photos.

06 December 2010

06DEC10




These oranges are (called Satsumas, by the way) from the orchard of one of Pop's brothers. Pop picked them himself! I love that they still have the leaves on them.

When I put the oranges on the dining room table, I noticed that the table gave a reflection of the oranges! I didn't think that wood reflected. Weird! This is a totally planned and contrived photo, just in case you wondered. I loved the reflection of the ripe oranges on the table and the picture of Pop and his great-grand-daughter in the background.

If you have any comments or constructive criticism about how to make this photo better, please let me know. However, please follow the motto that hangs on my bedroom door: Be nice or go away!

3 comments:

  1. My suggestions for this photo would be to angle it in such a way that the background is less distracting. If the photo is of the oranges, our eyes should not be drawn to the framed photo in the background, or the hallway and what follows behind it.

    I just wanted to say hello as I'm a new follower to your blog. I am SO excited to see another "Photo a day" blogger. They surprisingly seem to be hard to find!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I follow several photo blogs. Most of them aren't photo-a-day, but they publish some beautiful photos. :) Thanks for following! I love followers. and you're my first follower whom I didn't already know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh. and I also have a word blog. pensivepollyanna.blogspot.com. :)

    ReplyDelete