Well, I'm not a professional, by any means. I'm just someone who likes taking pictures, yeah? Before about 18DEC10, I was using my cell-phone to take pictures (3.1 mp). It did a pretty good job; however, for Christmas, I received a Kodak Easy Share which has 12 mp and take much nicer pictures. I'm saving this year, so that next Christmas I can buy myself a much better camera! :) I hope you enjoy my photos.

19 October 2010

19OCT10: Extras



This view is one I pass several times a week. It always draws me--every time. This morning, I finally stopped to try to capture it. I'm not sure I succeeded as I wished to do, but oh well! As I was taking the shop, the owner of the land drove in from the crossroads. He got out of his truck smiling and when I was telling him about how his property had always intrigued me, he seemed surprised. He thought I was taking a picture of his barbecue pit. It is a really big, fancy-looking one, for sure. But DEFINITELY not what I was coming to see. I like the aluminum barn and the tall trees and the piles of chopped wood.


Lots of pretty pictures of clouds today. This one reminds me of a row of air hangers on Randolph Air Force Base for some reason. However, it also reminds me--oddly--of the opening credits in movies made by a certain studio. I can't remember which studio, but one of 'em anyway.




































The previous three were taken outside of the Hollywood Theatre in Beaumont. The trees look all Miami-ish and with the clouds, I was reminded of the days at at the beach we used to spend when we lived in Florida.














An old mill or something in between Lumberton and Silsbee.





























Behind the Farmer's Market just past Silsbee. I've always seen the farmer's market, but had never noticed the hay rolls or the horsie.

No comments:

Post a Comment